Jeevika: Asia Livelihood Documentary Film Festival 2013
Asia’s most unique documentary festival, taking place annually in the city of New Delhi captures livelihood challenges faced by the rural and urban poor. 10th Jeevika: Asia Livelihood Documentary Festival is a non-profit film showcase promoting documentaries that put livelihood on the live wire!
Organised by India’s leading think tank, Centre for Civil Society, the documentary festival is a part of the larger Livelihood Freedom Campaign“JEEVIKA” which helps develop public policy measures to clear the path for free enterprise.
We invite you to watch the Official VIDEO of the Festival. In addition to screenings, discussions, great networking opportunities for upcoming and veteran film-makers alike, the festival also offers fabulous prizes with cash honorarium
l Best FEATURE Documentary: Rs 60,000 (Above 40 Minutes)
l Best SHORT Documentary: Rs 40,000 (Below 40 Minutes)
l Best STUDENT Documentary: Rs 30,000 (Below 30 Minutes)
*Creative Recognition Awards:
l Best CINEMATOGRAPHY: Rs 10,000
l Best EDITING: Rs 10,000
*Jeevika Freedom Award: Rs 10,000
*Submission Deadline: 20 June 2013
*Late Submission Deadline: 28 June 2013
The objective of the documentary festival is to:
- Encourage filmmakers to actively engage with livelihood issues.
- Provide a platform for filmmakers to maximize the reach and impact of their documentaries.
- Create awareness about the livelihood challenges faced by individuals and communities in rural and urban Asia .
- Advocate with policy makers for changes in livelihood policies and regulations.
- Engage with social leaders to bring about changes in practices, mindsets and attitudes to expand livelihood freedom .
- Act as a resource center for documentaries focused on livelihood issues.
Read the story in Law Lex